Saturday, March 31, 2007

Watcha do with bunch of bananas n chocolate?

Want a slice?


Baked a cake,of coz...Rummaged through my pile of numerous recipes and found one recipe for marble cake.Since it was creaming method that does not require much time,I should be able to handle it with ease. Ever since having to take care of clover,I will have to make do with whatever free time that I can grab whilst she is sleeping or when my lao gong is taking over.When I saw this recipe,I can almost taste the softness of the cake and the fragrance of bananas,not to mention the sinful dark chocolate.Thankfully,the cake turned out well..hehe...Now my lao gong even volunteer to babysit for me just so that I can bake more for him..HurraY!
Do give it a try,simple to prepare and the results is well worth it.
Banana-chocolate marble cake(Recipe adapted from Australia's women weekly)
Serves 12
250g butter
250g sugar?(I used 230g,as ripe bananas emits sweetness as well)
4 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
300g self-raising flour
125g dark chocolate,melted
20cm cake tin
Methods:
1.Preheat oven to 180 degree.Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs gradually.fold in the sifted flour.Add in the banana and mix well.
3.Spoon half of the mixture into another bowl.Add about 3/4 of melted chocolate to a bowl and stir in.
4.Place spoonful of both mixture in cake tin,alternating the colours.Spoon the rest of melted chocolate on top and swirl with a knife.Lined and greased baking tin.
5.Bake in the oven for one hour and 10 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for 20 minutes,then turn out to cool.Serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice combination of chocolate and banana.. the cake smell very nice and taste moist..