Thursday, December 27, 2007

Roasted Peppers,Homemade Cheesy meatballs




Meatballs,the munchies easily available at ikea,if I do not mind the queue,the overcrowded eatery,whereby securing a seat can take ages,haha...It is easy to do,so I thought why not attempt my own version,then I can add whatever ingredients I like...hehe...For roasted peppers,after grilling it,the skins become blistered,easy to peel,the sweetness of the capsicums is enhanced,needing no additional seasoning,I feel that it is good enough as it is....A quick lunch that is not difficult to assemble with a little help from del monte pasta sauce,haha....In addition,I also added in grilled tomato,just peel and chop roughly....This will help cut down on amount of seasoning needed,since tomatoes by nature contain MSG..
Conveniently packed,the servings is just right for two with no leftovers for me to discard...It took me less than an hour to put together this filling and hearty lunch,so why not try it too?hehe...

Cheesy meatballs
220-250g minced meat
A handful of shredded cheddar cheese
5-6 dried mushroooms,soaked in water to soften
5-6 water chestnuts,chopped roughly
dash of pepper
1 tsp soya sauce

1. Mix all ingredients together and marinate in fridge for a few hours.

2.Add in 2 tbsp of cornstarch,roll into patties ,if patty is still too wet and sticky,add more cornstarch,pan fried and drain on absorbent paper.

Roasted peppers,tomato,
1.Wash the capsicumS(I used two green and one red peppers)Deseed them and cut into chuncks,for tomato,simply quartered it.
2Place on grill,skin facing up,brush with olive oil.Grill till skin has blackened and blistered.Cooled and sliced them,chopped tomatoes.

As for final dish,I cooked the pasta in hot boiling water,when the pasta is half-cooked,I turned off the heat so that it can cooked in its own heat without being too soft.Al dente is the desired texture.After turning off the heat,I fry one chopped up onion in olive oil,once it become fragrant,I toss in the peppers,pasta sauce,and 11/3 cup of water,grilled tomatoes,simmer,turn off heat.Drain pasta on plate,add in meatballs,and spoon sauce over it.Easy,isnt it?hehe....

No comments: