Saturday, October 6, 2007

Orange honey baked chicken with pumpkins



Celebrated my lao gong's homecoming with a moist,tender,succelent chicken...hehe...The moment he came back,he proceed to empty his bagful of goodies,haha...I am more interested in what he brought back than anything else...hehe...Brought back two packs of kettle chips,yipee,somehow,the kettle chips in australia taste better than the ones sold in sg...More crispy..Since he came back at the wee hours of the morning, clover will gets to see him when she wakes up...When she started bawling for her first feed,her daddy went in to soothe her,upon seeing him,she seem stunned for a moment,perhaps,surprised to see him there after a month...hehe...For a moment,she stopped,studied him for a moment or two,smiled before closing her eyes to bawl again...haha...apparently,she still remember him,much to the relief of my lao gong...haha....

Orange honey Baked chicken
1 chicken,cleaned and gutted
approx 1/3 cup honey
juice of one orange
1/4 tsp five-spice powder
knob of finely sliced ginger
3 tbsp light soya sauce

Methods:
1.For better flavour,I marinated the chicken oovernight,wrapped in aluminium foil.
2.Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree celcius for about an hour,then remove,baste chicken and bake for further 40 mins till juice is clear when poked at the thigh.
3.Root vegetables can be added in to bake with the chicken.Enjoy.

Ok,I would most likely describe my lao gong as a tall and lanky man,he towers over me at 1.81m,while I stands at only 1.59m,haha....Clover inherited her daddy's long limbs,my chubby cheeks and flat nose...haha...As for her eyes,wel,mine are not as big as hers,though I do have double eye-lids,whereas my lao gong has small,sleepy eyes,haha...

SE,the HO Licence that I am referring to is the Home Office licence,according to NEA,it is compulsory to apply for one to start a small-scale bakery,which I found out recently,failure to do so will be hauled to court and pay a fine,hmm...why pay that fine when everyone is applicable as long we own a housing property?hehe...Most likely,I may start doing either christmas or CNY cookies,but nothing is cast in stone yet,thanks for the encouragement....

No comments: