Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Creamy pasta carbonara-His style



Having studied in UK for a couple of years,my lao gong can cook to make his otherwise monotonous diet a tad more interesting,since as a student on budget,he cannot afford much too..Hence,he does love to cook to impress whenever friends come visiting...haha...

Being appointed the "chef" among his working mates in Aussie has improved his culinary skills further...Situated in outback Australia,without much dinning places around,it seem practical to prepare own meals,here is one of his "thumbs-up" dish that he whipped up,and which I am fortunate enough to sample it too,haha....

I prepared the ingredients for him,doing all the dicing,slicing etc,and he did the cooking..In my house,there is an unwritten rule:Do not intervene with the cook...haha..Too many cooks spoil the broth,I do not mind if people asked why and what was done,but not when it is incessant nagging...Imagine while cooking,and there is endless ranting about how things ought to be done this way or that way,no prize for guessing who I am most likely referring to:mummy dearest,haha....Both of us have mummies who nagged,or perhaps it seem to be an universal problem,women nag by nature?haha....While advice is greatly appreciated,it is the raving and ranting that is enough for me to throw the white flag and escape...haha...

Do not do unto others what you do not like,I hardly nag,except when I am fuming mad,then I will rant endlessly,haha..I do hope I will stay that way with clover too...and not fall into the syndrome of getting mellow and nag,nag,nag....haha..

Nattalie,apology accepted...In my much older posts,I did mention about me being on unpaid leave,no point repeating my status ever so often...I guess..haha...

OK,thanks so much for your encouragement,as much as I want to become a full-time mother all the time,it is not possible for the time being,as I have another 2 and a half years of bond to fulfil,failing which I will have to pay up to 40k or slightly more,an amount which I figure can be put to better use for clover's milk powder and diapers,clothes..haha...

Life is all about choices,I am fortunate enough to be able to take unpaid leave to look after clover,yet still retain my job...Since I chose this path,hence will have to leave my post in the former school and be allocated to a new place,next year will mark a new begining for me...I may not have the fortune of meeting a great,understanding boss with fun-loving colleagues,or maybe I will...who knows?whatever will be will be,I just make the best of it...haha...

Heres how he did it:
(serves 4)
1 tbsp butter
220g fresh button mushrooms ,sliced
1 cup cream
2 eggs
125g parmesan cheese,grated
200g chopped ham
400g dried spaghetti

Methods:
1.Melt butter in non-stick frying pan over medium heat.Add mushrooms,stirring for 5 minutes,remove and keep warm.

2.Combine cream,eggs,3/4 of the grated cheese and finely grounded black pepper.

3.Cook spaghetti in pot of boiling water to which one tablespoon of oil and pinch of salt has been added.Cook till al dente.

4.Drain pasta,toss in sauce and when sauce has thicken,serve.Enjoy.

No comments: