Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chocolate Scones

Woke up to a cold raining tuesday morning,what will you do on a day like this?Sleep in,do housework,or go shopping since it will definitely be less crowded?I was feeling lazy and while lazing around,I spied my chocolate recipe book lying on the bookshelf collecting dust...haha..
Flipped through it and saw something that caught my eye.Chocolate scones,served warm and fluffy with a tbsp of jam or butter sounds good to me as breakfast.

Besides,its been two yrs since I last baked scones,and this is a good chance for me to used up the flour,butter and chocolate chips..Preparation is simple,a pair of cool,clean hands,avoid handling the dough too much and a very hot oven.Bingo,chocolate scones served with kiwi and two teaspoon of mango yoghurt...hmm...suddenly,my morning doesn't seem that cold anymore..haha...Oops,the yoghurt is oozing out,guess I better finish it fast... Do try it,cos if I can bake it,so can you...hehe..

Chocolate Scones(a good alternative to boing bread and butter breakfast)-makes 9
225g sieved self-raising flour
60g butter
1 tbsp caster sugar
50g chocolate chips(I use 100 g dark choco and chopped it)
150ml milk
mETHODS:
1.Lined and greased cookie tray.Cut butter into cubes and rub into the flour till it resemble breadcrumbs.

2.Add in sugar,chocolate chips and mix well.Add in milk to form dough.

3.Roll out dough and cut into rounds using cookie cutter or can simply cut into squares if prefer.

4.Place scones 2 inches apart from each other and bake at preheated oven of 220 degree celcius for 10-12 mins.Serve warm with butter ,jam,yoghurt ,or on its own.

No comments: