Friday, July 11, 2008

Being small does not matter


Lemon-banana bite-sized muffins

I sworn to eat healthily,exercise regularly,yet I must have my desserts,especially when it is that time of the month,craving heightens,sensory buds on high alert,every month I will be muching on the one thing,before getting so sick of it that the particular food will be strike off my list for months,haha...Strangely,every month my cravings differs,but whatever the chosen dish is,it is always a headache for my lao gong,for I will grumble if I cannot get hold of it ,believe it or not,I can eat the dish or food for days on end,haha...Some cravings that I had were soyabean jelly dessert,chocolate,durian puffs,oyster omelette,white cabbage soup,red bean ice cream, french loaf,no kidding,I will be chewing on the plain crusty bread during tea-time,which added more kilos,making me work much harder ,sigh,a kiss on the lips ,an inch on the hips,haha...So this time round,my cravings were banana muffins,baked in bite-sized portions,what a CHEATER,haha..just who exactly am I kidding?To make up for it,I jogged three rounds at the stadium,way to go,hurray,more room for desserts now,haha...

Lemon banana muffins(Yields about 18 mini muffins)
100g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
rind of one lemon
1 egg
50g sugar
25g melted butter
3 tbsp milk
1/2 cup mashed bananas,add in 1 tbsp lemon juice
Methods:
1.Put egg,sugar,rind and melted butter in bowl and mix well.Sieve flour,raising agents into a clean bowl,and pour all into the egg mixture.

2.Mix swiftly into a wet,thick,lumpy paste.Fold in bananas and take about 1 rounded tsp of mixture to fill into mini paper cups.Check that mixture is about 3/4 full.(To be eco-friendly,simply oiled the muffin tray before adding in the mixture)

3.Bake for about 15-20 minutes in preheated oven at 180 degree celcius.


Notice how clover is imitating us?Even the way she sits cross-legged at the ankles is so much like her daddy,haha..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Small and moist,nice
Koh

Anonymous said...

Nice,but alittle dry
Lishi

Anonymous said...

Easy to eat as its bite-sized,good flavour
A