Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My most expensive ,worthy catch





After having my caeffein fix upon completion of walking a mere 1.6km(anlene mile),the distance is nothing to boost about,but for me,it is a good headstart,in addition,I get to catch up with my girlfriend,peipei...hehe..Not many shops were open then at plaza sing,well,we were the early birds,headed to the supermarket,where we stumbled upon a good bargain,or so I thought,fresh cod and salmon were on offer...yum yum...But the catch was this,I had to purchase the whole fish in order to qualify for the offer,woa,what a big,heavy fish to lug home..nevertheless,I was delighted at the offer.this is OMega-3 at its purest form,good for clover brain,skin development,besides,it is a good opportunity for me to showcase my culinary skills,putting my collected,almost turning yellow recipes to good use...haha..so that was it,the most expensive catch I ever bought.but the fish were really fresh,will I buy again?For sure,I will..haha...




Presenting to you my 2nd slab of salmon,orange teriyaki salmon,the flesh was flaky,not too salty,yum,I like it...The night before,my helper took one chunky slice,cut half to add into clover's porridge,which she detest as salmon has a particular milky taste,which can be lessened by using some seasonings..Clover took no more than 2 bites before she refuse the whole bowl..the rest my helper fried it till the salmon was blackened,which upset my lao gong so much that he complained to me via sms...80 bucks is slowly disappearing into black soot,haha...Oh well,to compensate him,I whipped up this salmon and this whole chunk was specially reserved for him...haha...

Heres the recipe to try:
2 thick salmon slices
3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
skin from 1 whole orange,sliced thickly
chinese parsley,handful,chopped to release aroma
1/3 cup orange juice
3 cloves of garlic,sliced,reserve one for frying
1/2 tomato chopped
1/2 large onion,for frying

1.Use a eyebrow plucker to remove the splinters without tearing the flesh apart.Rinse and marinate the salmon using the orange skin,juice,parsley,garlic and sauce for 3-4 hours using glass bowl.Flip every now and then.remove the orange peel before cooking.

2.Heat pan,add in 1 tbsp of olive oil,add in garlic,add in salmon and marinate,add in some water if it appear dry,garnish and serve once cooked.enjoy.

Hi,all,thanks for your comliments on the chocolate cupcakes,glad you all like it.Sorry Joanne,but I have to decline your request,this recipe was somewhat created after numerous attempts and I like to guard this recipe,letting it remain a secret...haha...

No comments: