Sunday, August 5, 2007

Orangey Banana Cake

Got a bunch of bananas for a steal at only 70 cents...wah,even my bus fare cost more than that...though I hardly take bus or mrt nowadays,its always cab cab wherever I go...Not that I am rich,but rather it is because commuters do not give way!!!Despite seeing me coming with a pram ,they still rushed to enter the elevator in mrt stations,block the doorway and in short,refuse to give way....sigh,seems like it takes more than the courtesy campaign to change people mindset...


Enough of me grumbling,let me introduce this latest bake of mine,baked using canola oil, bananas and orange juice,it is dense,and very kuih -like,very much different from the usual fluffy cake.Topped with nutella spread and sliced bananas,itcertainly makes my lao gong a happy hubby..haha...

Orangey Banana Cake
4 eggs
1 cuptop flour
120g sugar
4-6 bananas,mashed
juice and zest of 1 orange
75 ml vegetable oil
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
50ml water

1.Cream eggs with sugar till foamy.Add in rest of wet ingredients.Mix well,
2.Sieve flour,fold into mixture.Pur into lined and greased baking tin.
3.Bake at preheated oven of 170 degree celcius for approx 1 hour or till skewer comes out clean.

How fast time flies,I have been a stay-at home mum for more than half a yr now,motherhood is not easy,but then again,with faith and some planning plus lots of reading-up,all things are possible..Clover is a happy baby,well,at least,shes always smiling and chuckling,or babbling all day....I would not say I am competent,but at least I am confident of looking after my own baby well...hehe...A far cry from few months ago when I was still struggling to figure out why she cried,how to bathe her properly etc...To my friends who are mummies-to-be,do not be afraid to venture into motherhood,and do look on the positive side,after all,babies will only be babies for a year...before they turn into tanturm-throwing screaming little toddlers...haha..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you some people just lack the courtesy. but i think this is partly because some mother as you can see still push their 'big baby' i think over 3 years old in the pram which is quite disgusting to me. hey, btw your bb is really cute. Enjoy your motherhood. i just gave birth to my bb recently and really enjoy reading your blog!!
Au