Sunday, August 12, 2007

Caramelised Ribs

Whenever possible,I liked to mix my own sauce,firstly,it allow me the freedom of adding what I fancy,or omitting any ingredient,secondly,after purchasing a bottled sauce,I would then keep it in the fridge,using it only once or twice and before I realised,it cannot be used anymore...Oops,waste of money and space in the fridge ,huh?haha...Last but not least,homemade sauce will normally be free of additives or chemical preservatives,which I personally feel is unnecessary addition..hehe...


Since my lao gong will be leaving australia again in 2 weeks time,he can try making this dish over there too,as eating at hotel cafe can be a costly affair and he is located far away from town...With only a few ingredients and short cooking time resulting in a dish that is not too cloying sweet,smoky,robust flavour with crunchy bits.....Lao gong,for your convenience,let me post this recipe over here:

300g pork ribs
1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
approx.30ml water

1.Wash the ribs,marinate it with the rest of ingredients for 15 mins.
2.Add all into pot and cook over small fire till sauce evaporate and seep into ribs.(approx25mins)

No comments: