Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Crunchy Wonton Prawns


My first culinary adventure happened not by choice,but rather by circumstances.Back then,I was 13 years old,parents had to work late that night,and having no money for dinner,I had no choice but to raid the fridge to prepare dinner for my brothers,then aged 12 and 10 respectively...

Found some eggs and proceed to fry sunny-side up...Much to my anguish,the eggs got stuck to the wok...Oh geez,after managing to dug it out from the wok,they were burnt...eeks...Needless to say,I received a thrashing from my mum who was upset that my brothers had no dinner and food were ruined....haha...

Well..that was then and now,after browsing numerous recipes and much practice,I could clearly state I can whip up a decent meal without much trouble....hehe...These wonton prawns were modified from another recipe,which require more seasonings and ingredients.Serving it on sliced green mangoes gave it a tangy,sweet taste which we enjoyed very much..hehe...

Heres the recipe:

300g prawns,shelled and devined,leaving tails intact
wonton skin,about 25-30 pieces
Marinate:
2 tsp light soya sauce
dash of pepper,sesame oil
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp of cooking wine
Oil for deep frying
1.Marinate prawns for 2-3 hours in the fridge.
2.Before frying,wrap up each prawn individually in wonton wrappers
3.Once oil is ready,deep-fried till golden brown.Dish up and drain off excess oil using absorbent papers.Serve.

No comments: