Thursday, July 31, 2008

Loaded with fruits n bran Teabread



One glance at the photo,my lao gong starting shaking his head,lamenting that I ought to leave it to him to snap the picture,instead of a "brave attempt"...haha...hmm..a picture is worth a thousand words,and if my attempt is to tempt the readers to try baking it ,I believe I have flop miserably...haha...But I were too impatient to wait for my lao gong to come home,as I want to distribute the teabread before my kickboxing session...I am lucky to be surrounded by friends who do not mind trying,giving me comments,after all,how much bakes can I eat?haha..

Enough of my rumbling....heres a reason to celebrate with this
"Loaded with fruits N bran teabread",clover is finally eating!!Yipee,hip hip hurray,she has make a vast improvement by finishing her meals,without me making drastic changes,growth spurts maybe?haha...
To celebrate,I bake this wonderful teabread as a treat for her,instead of the boring oatmeal with prunes,which she likes but I enjoy a variety too...It makes a nice teatime treat for her,breakfast for the adults,especially with a steaming hot cuppa,do try it...
Recipe is modified from fruity bran teabread of many more kitchen secrets by Betty Saw
Loaded with fruits and bran teabread(makes 2 loaves)
480g self-raing flour
200g cold,diced butter
approx 150g sugar
80g bran
2 beaten eggs
250ml milk
6-8 peach slices,chopped
(I rinsed and soaked in tap water for a short while to remove the syrup)
4 ripe bananas,mashed with 1 tbsp lemon juice
200g dried fruits,chopped(I used unsulphured dried prunes,apricots,mangos)
Methods:
1.Rub in butter into flour till it resemble breadcrumbs.Stir in sugar,bran.Take 1/4 of the flour mixture to coat the dried fruits and peach.Add fruits into flour mixture.(By coating the fruits with flour helps to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of cake after baking)

2.Beat eggs with hand whisk till frothy.Add banana into the egg,pour in the milk,stir.Then fold in the mixture into flour.Spoon into baking pan,which have been lined and greased.Smoothen the top,top with extra bran if desired.

3.Bake in preheated oven of 160 degree Celsius for about an hour,I increase temp to 180 degree Celsius in the last 10 minutes to brown the top.Cool for about 15 minutes before removing from pan to cool on rack.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for ur teabread,just had for breakfast Nice:)
Louisa

Anonymous said...

Nice,fragrant with loads of fruits.I love it.
Lishi

Anonymous said...

Wow,yummy and nice,its very good.
Yeoh

Anonymous said...

Its nice n not too sweet.Had it for breakfast this morning.
Joanne