Wednesday, December 24, 2008

History of tomato pumpkin rice with salmon



Believe it or not,everytime I toss food out,theres always a pang of guilt that overcome me,promising to shop according to the grocery list,which unfortunately has been unachievable till now...sigh...I am such an "auntie" who can sniff out the best deals,pouring over the ST thur best supermarket offers,never mind if its the third time this week that I am patronising the supermarket,albeit a different one though,from giant to NTUC to shop"n"save,the offer is too enticing to be missed...oops...
Bad habit or an underlying disorder huh?Whatever it is,it sure is costing me unnecessary spending,wastage of space and food,so I have decided that the next best thing is to improvise and create...Having friends over for pizza-making was wonderful,but leaving me with extras is not...haha...A little bit of this and that,this appetizing tomato,pumpkin rice with salmon was born...hehe...Created from "leftovers",such as tomato pasta sauce and fresh sliced tomatoes from pizza-making,flaked salmon bits from the bony salmon "spare-parts"(er...fresh salmon is on offer again at giant,haha),orange sweet-potato from making ondeh-ondeh,pour out some white wine,chicken stock,pre-cooked some rice(use less water than usual,so that the grains do not break up when frying)...Well,lets just say I did my best...haha..

No comments: