Sunday, December 21, 2008

Parents-Not just a title



Picture this"Your child is in distress,whos the person the child runs to?Whos the child's playmate?"Pardon me,but I believe it ought to be the parents,not the maid..While more hands mean light work,allowing me the luxury to have more time on my hands to take a break,enjoying my cuppa or catch up on errands,it certainly does not mean I intend to let my helper taking over the mum's role....I am proud to say this,I am still clover's mummy and she is clear about that...no doubts at all..haha..It is sad indeed to read about some kids addressing the mum as auntie,and the maid as mummy...Ouch..Personally,I have witness that,with a red-faced mummy trying to clear up the air...While I decline to provide names,my lao gong and I have no qualms about that,we are the parents and not just in titles only...Clover is our responsibility,not the maid nor the grandparents,for which I receive pathetic looks whenever people say"oh,u poor thing,no grandparents to help you out"
Tired?Who isnt?As all hands-on mums know,we complain,we vent,BUT,we know we are not ALone...theres still joy beneath it all,the peaceful look on our child when we pat the child to sleep,the ability to soothe tears and replace it with joyful laughter..To that,mummies,lets rejoice and say good job!!haha...

No comments: